Many, many thanks to Paul S. McCahan, Lisa Carper, Jim Guinn and John Bishop
for their responses to my question about treating dry mouth.  We are still
trying to find ginger tablets and Optimoist.  The substitute saliva is a
wonderful help -- we have not yet located one with a pump spray.  Gum chewing
does not help Nelson as he is no longer able to chew his food or handle ice
or water.  He uses Thickit in his water for control in swallowing.  We will
continue to look for the other products -- and we so appreciate your
suggestions.  We thank you all.
Barbara Quackenbush