At 06:38 AM 9/12/96 -0400, you wrote:
>A YAPP&Rs has been asking me  about an apparent  article written in the UK
>that likens the effects of coming off Cocaine (Cold Turkey)with the disease
>PD.  She is now doing some research into this ( minus the cocaine!) and
>wonders if there is a knowledgeable person out there who knows anything
>about the connection ???
>She knows of  the MPTP story. Thanks...  Emma

Dopamine and opiates latch onto the same receptors. When I had my PET scans
at Johns Hopkins the tracer used was a cocaine analog with some extra
nuclear particles in orbit about a carbon's nucleus (carbon 11).  This also
makes anesthesiology more 'iffy' for PD patients than average. Nuclear
physics is not my bag!
WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter
63  Dx1991 Symptoms 1971