     All:

     I've only been on this list for a couple of days, so did not see the
     original post on this topic. What I know is from a CNN online story,
     which is available at http://cnn.com under the health section.  The
     complete address for the story (which has been out there for about a
     week) is http://www.cnn.comHEALTH/9609/03/nfm/parkinson/index.html

     A few relevant "facts" from the story:

     It's being supervised by a Dr. Vincent Calabrese at Virginia
     Commonwealth University.

     The initial study only involved nine patients:  it will be expanded
     this fall to about 50.  All nine initial participants responded
     positively.

     The benefits are two-fold.  It's intended to help those who are having
     significant difficulty swallowing medications.  It's also hoped that
     the patch will deliver a more even flow of medication without the
     "peaks and valleys" associated with oral administration of Parkinson's
     drugs.

     From my own experience (my mother has PD and my father is her primary
     care-giver), just not having to manage the pill schedule would be a
     benefit to both of my parents.

     Hope that information helps.

     Regards,

     Noah Uldall