A special message to the Canadians on the PARKINSN List
posted to the list by Anne Rutherford  <[log in to unmask]>

>From  the SuperWalk office...........

Sunday September 29, 1996  is a date to mark in your diary....... The day
Canadians from from the east coast to the west......come together to
SuperWalk for Parkinsons.

Final preparations are underway..... and not just in Canada.  Organizers
of the Unity Walk in New York City  and the walks in Belgium and Holland
are preparing for the biggest turnouts ever

Now is the time to get your walking shoes ready and fill up your pledge
card.  Don't have a pledge card?  Don't know where the nearest SuperWalk
is? Just dial the SuperWalk information line 1-800-437-6464.

Want to know more about SuperWalk?  Read on.............
-SuperWalk started small, seven walkers in one city raised $500. Last
year hundreds of walkers raised over $56,000 in the same city.

-Funds are used to support Parkinson services and Parkinson research.

-Usually two routes are set up. One is shorter, level and suitable for
wheels. The other is longer and more challenging.

-It is a family day, grandparents, mom & dad, babies in  strollers,
everyone can participate.

-Even the family dog can walk the route.  One four-legged SuperWalker
raised $500 in pledges.

About SuperWalk for Parkinsons ....
-The Parkinson Foundation of Canada is pleased to have  Major General
(ret'd) Lewis MacKenzie as National Honorary Spokesperson.

General  MacKenzie said recently, "A million and a half Canadians either
have Parkinsons or are in the family of somebody with Parkinsons.
The way we beat it is the 7 kilomtre Parkinson SuperWalk"

"I'm asking for volunteers.  I want the kind of people who can do more
than talk the talk.... I want people who'll walk the walk.

You may remember seeing General MacKenzie on the television news in 1992
when, as Chief of Staff to the United Nations Protection Force in in the
former Yugoslavia, he led the United Nations contingent which opened
Sarajevo airport for the delivery of humanitarian aid.

On Sunday 29 September come out, bring your family,  and walk the walk
for Parkinsons.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Superwalk sites as of September 1
British Columbia:       Vancouver
Alberta:        Calgary,  Edmonton
Ontario:        Barrie,  Cambridge,  Guelph,  Haileybury, London,
                Ottawa,  Oshawa,  Peterborough,  Sarnia,
                Sudbury,  Toronto,  Uxbridge
New Brunswick:          Grand Bay,  Riverview
Nova Scotia:            Halifax,  Sackville
Newfoundland:           Harbour Grace
Prince Edward Island:   Winsloe