                           Subject:                         Time:   6:37 PM
                           Reaction to Parlodel             Date:   9/13/96

I'm relatively new to PD and to date my symptoms have been mild - only a few
people even know that I'm not feeling as good as I should, but the disease is
slowly catching up with me. I'm at the stage where I could use some relief
from both the tremors and the stiffness of PD. Unfortunately, I have been
intolerant of the medications (Pergolide and recently Paroldel). My last bout
was yesterday. I was ramping up on Parlodel transitioning form 1.25 mg twice a
day ( total of 2.5 mg for one week) to 3.75 mg total.  About 3 hour hours
later I felt faint - then really faint. I got very cold but was sweating
profusely. My collegues at the office said I turned white as a sheet. I fought
fainting for about 30 minutes then it subsided. My doc says that nausia is a
common side effect, but this was well beyond nausia.

Has anyone experienced a similar reaction? If so, were you able to overcome
the problem by staying on the lower dosage for a longer time or some other
method. I'm afraid that I may run out of options before I start Sinemet. My
doc and I would like to put this off a while. I'm very interested in your
experience.

Rick Barrett (34, Dx:3yrs)
Sunnyvale CA