Dear Brian:
        I've just recently joined the list and thought I'd throw my 2 cents
worth in  for your survey.
1. I was diagnosed about 2 years ago
2. Looking back I figure my earliest symptons appeared in my late twenties.
I lost count of the number of Cortizone shots I received for my
shoulders,arms and hips. I also had a very slight tremor that everybody
thought was just stress from working at two jobs. I had two doctors say
under their breath "no he's too young". I wished I had asked them what they
meant by that.
3. I was 43 when it was diagnosed. At that point I was in pretty rough shape
,almost unable to work or even drive.
4. I think I covered that in 2.
        I'll include my present medication list for further thought.

        1. Artane (Trihexyphenidyl) 5mg's/day 2x2,1x1
        2. Parlodel (Bromocriptine) 15mg's 3x5
        3. Prolopa (Levodpa/Benseraz) 300mg 100x3

        I first started off on Sinemet but found I could not sleep. Changed
over to Parlodel and Artane. That has worked pretty good up until recently.
I've added the Prolopa rather than Sinemet hoping, because their slightly
different mixtures, that I wouldn't have trouble sleeping. It has worked out
well so far.I was also taking Selegiline (deprynl?) but dropped it because
of the controversy. Didn't really miss it but  missed  the vivid dreams it
gave me.
        I've noticed a lot of talk on the list about depression. My way of
coping is to stay as active as I can. The only problem with that is I tend
to overdue it ,being sort of a workaholic,and pay the price the next day.
I'm sure this also helps with the sleeping problem because I'm pretty well
exhausted by the end of the day and just pass out as soon as I turn out the
light.
        My employer (STELCO) has also been very good to me. As long as I can
drag my ass into work they have a job for me. Although I feel that it won't
be much longer because of my balance problems. My neurologist says there is
no drug that will make any real difference and since I work in a steel mill
any fall could be fatal. I also work a twelve hour shift pattern which I
feel is a lot easier since it means a lot fewer trips into work.
        Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreacated.
John Rogers
Rural Route #1
Hagersville,Ontario
Canada