>What is Requip? I mean, what are its neurological effects? Is it just another
>synthetic form of dopamine? Or is it supposed to do something entirely new?
>Does anyone know?

Hi! I am Emma, the Publicity Secretary for YAPP&Rs in the UK  and am a
Trustee, on the Council of Management  of the Parkinson's Disease Society of
the UK.  I have had PD for 9 years and am 46 years old.

I have been talking with SmithKline Beecham and have included their new drug
Requip in our information booklet.  They describe it as   "
REQUIP(Ropinerole) is a new non-ergot  derived highly selective dopamine
agonist indicated for the treatment of PD. It can either be used alone,
(without Levodopa) or it may be usded in addition to levodopa in order to
control 'on\off' fluctuations and permit a reduction in the total daily dose
of levodopa."

That is all I have about it  at the moment, and hope it is of help to you all.