 I thought this might be useful information to some folks on this list, and
 am reposting it for those who may not have Web access.  It comes from URL:

 http://w3.hiway.co.uk/boog/agbell.html#:CyKey

 The CyKey is apparently a chorded keyboard to use with a PC that matches
 the layout of the original Microwriter.  Hope this info is of use.

 -- garyZ

   Microwriter AgendA - Bellaire

   Bellaire Electronics designed the AgendA and still offers simple repairs
   and limited support.

   >From: Chris Rainey <[log in to unmask]>
   >To: [log in to unmask]
   >Subject: AgendA

   Hi Len, thanks for call. I have no objection to a mention on the web
   providing it makes the following points.

   AgendA repair is not my main occupation (that is design
   -the AgendA was one such project for Microwriter)
   but since the demise of Microwriter I am trying to
   offer a lifeline to users.

   I am not a technical help service although
   if really STUCK I will try to help.

   Further topics of interest to AgendA users:-

   My collegue and myself have developed a keyboard wedge that
   enables users to Microwrite into a standard PC.
   It's called Cykey as a tribute to the late Cy Endfield
   who with me was co-inventor of the Microwriting system.

   We have a number of and bits and pieces and
   AgendAs that are almost new, fitted with new batteries.

   Anyone requiring more details, equipment, repair of AgendAs
   or the fitting of new batteries can:

    phone me on  01271 24759 (voice and fax),

    or e-mail Chris Rainey <[log in to unmask]>,

    or write to me at
      Bellaire Electronics
      4 Broadgate
      Bellaire
      Barnstaple Devon
      EX31 1QZ

   Best Regards
   --
   Chris Rainey {Bellaire Electronics}

   >From: Chris Rainey <[log in to unmask]>

   We have started production of CyKey; chord keying for the PC.
   CyKey has been developed by members of the independent AgendA design
   team.
   It uses Microwriting codes (licensed) but is not a Microwriter product.

   CyKey (pronounced psyche) is so called as a tribute to the co-inventor
   of the chord system, Cy Endfield, who died in 1995.

   The unit is approx. 115mm square and 30 mm high (to top of keys)
   in charcoal and light grey.

   It plugs into a standard DIN 5 pin keyboard socket of an IBM AT(TM) PC
   (286/386/486 Pentium). PS2 Adapter (6 pin mini DIN available 9pounds)

   The standard keyboard "piggy backs" onto the plug allowing either
   keyboard to be used for key entry, no software required.

   Currently we do not support notebook extended keyboard sockets or
   Mac (TM) (mini DIN) but this should follow.

   Warranty. If returned in saleable condition within 30 days of purchase
   we will make a full refund. In the event of failure in normal service
   the unit will be repaired or replaced (our choice).
   This does not affect your statutory rights.
   No representation as to suitability of CyKey for any particular purpose
   is implied and no consequential loss claims will be entertained.

   Price 79.50pounds inclusive of VAT and Postage.
   Cash with order (we regret credit cards cannot be accepted).
   Delivery within 28 days of your order being received.

   AgendA Bits!
   We have recently obtained a number of AgendAs  and associated parts.
   We have a limited number of machines and they will be sold on a first
   come first served basis. We will refund or return monies if we cannot
   satisfy your requirements. Due to limited supply the chargers are
   being sold separately from the AgendA. All prices include VAT and
   postage.

   AgendAs: 32K - 120pounds, 64K - 145pounds, 128K - 200pounds*.
   Chargers 30pounds.
   Parallel printer interface 30pounds,
   Serial PC interface 30pounds, PCLink Serial Software(DOS only)
   5-00pounds, Backup card 32K - 40pounds, 128K - 70pounds.
   *These need upgrading and will not be available until May 96
    (Chip shortage)

   SPECIAL OFFER With each order for an AgendA you can purchase
   a parallel printer lead at the special price of 15pounds

   Manuals:
   New User - 5 pounds, Advanced User 6pounds, Microwriting 5pounds**,
   PCLink - 5-00pounds**, other manuals 5pounds**
   **Manuals available as photocopies only.

   The AgendAs have new or tested batteries. The units have been
   refurbished
   and are  in good condition, having been hardly used.
   All machines are sold on sale or return basis (cash with order),
   if returned undamaged within 14 days.
   If the unit fails within 3 months of purchase it will
   be repaired or replaced (at our discretion). Loss of data is not
   covered.
   For a payment of 25pounds we will extend the cover to 12months.
   (excludes accidental damage).

   Send your remittance and order to Bellaire Electronics.
   Please include your telephone number.

   Please send remittance and orders to:
   Bellaire Electronics 4, Broadgate, Bellaire, Barnstaple, N.Devon EX31
   1QZ.

   --
   Chris Rainey {Bellaire Electronics}

   >From: Chris Rainey <[log in to unmask]>
   >To: [log in to unmask]
   >Subject: Re: AgendA batteries

   >>> Can you quote a guide price for AgendA battery replacement?

   Batteries are expensive unfortunately.  I charge 25 pounds
   for a set of batteries that the user fits (not recommended),
   or 35 pounds for a fitting and testing the AgendA for leakage current,
   charging etc. Both prices include VAT and carriage.

   NOTE the charging regime affects the battery life.
   From NEW one overnight charge of more than 12 hours every 2 to 3 weeks
   will ensure maximum battery life.
   --
   Chris Rainey {Bellaire Electronics}