Terri Whitling informed me that the CNN story shown on Sept 7th will be
repeated several times later this week.  Shortened by a minute, the report
will be aired 2 to 3 times per day on 2 days.  It will be shown on the News
Hour Program and on Headline News.

The segment features Terrie from Emory Univ. accompanied by myself, Joan
Samuelson and Mike Claeys of PAN in our lobbying efforts for the Udall bill
this Summer. Susan and Stan Hamburger also make an appearance. The reporter,
Rhonda Rowland, and CNN have followed Terrie's case and her remarkable
improvement since she had a pallidotomy several years ago.

For her follow-up story, Ms. Rowland intends to contact Newt Gingrich or key
staff in the Speaker's office to get an update on the status of the bill.
The latest count is 61 sponsors in the Senate and at least 243 in the House,
including majorities of all relevant committees.  This visibility and
attention could help pressure the congressional leadership to bring the
Udall bill up for a vote... all we need to put us over the top.  Cudos to
Terrie and Rhonda Rowland.

P.S.  Terrie and I distributed copies of the original CNN presentation (Sept
7 @7:45 am) to about 30 Senators and Representatives last week.  Rep.
Kingston from Savannah GA, also shown in the CNN piece has sent a letter to
Speaker Gingrich, signed by the entire Georgia Republican congressional
delegation, that urges a vote on the Udall bill this session.  In many of
the offices that we visited they remarked on the amount of mail they had