Subject:      Re: Hello,Cathy

>Hello Cathy Malinowski,
>Thought I would say welcome to you too, from Australia, just to make you
>feel connected to the wider Parkinson world. I see Camilla has already

Wider is correct. Hi there, Cathy, from Bombay, India. I wish I'd
discovered this list before I did; I've stayed subscribed even
after my mother - who had PSP (Parkinson Plus) - died 3 months
ago.

>Personally, one thing that is hard is that no-one that I know is going through
>any health problems with their parents or anyone else in their family.  I'm 28
>and my brothers are 36, 38 and 40.  My brothers are almost the same age as my
>friends' parents.  It's weird because the only people to talk to are my brothers
>and my mom.

I'm 34 - was about the same as you when my mother was diagnosed.
Now that I know more, I guess I should be grateful she wasn't
*mis* diagnosed, but at that time - and for a long time
thereafter - the overwhelming felling was "why me?" and even more
"why HER?". Before my mother got PSP, she'd always been in
perfect health - perhaps that's what made it even worse. One
really can't do anything about, but learn to live with it, though
it took me 3 years to reach any kind of degree of acceptance. If
you send me your email address, I'll send you something I'd
written - it was a kind of catharsis for me and might make you
feel less alone.

Isolation is a terrible feeling. This list and CARE make it a bit
easier, apart from offering some real, practical help. All these
years I never met anyone else with PSP (apart from David Saks and
the SPSP lot). Within a day of joining this list, I met 2.

Sarita, co-CG for Swarn, now deceased, PSP, 66/6