On Tue 17 Sep, Sydney Adams wrote:
> Driving Licences.
> I have a French(European Licence) although I am a British citizen living in
> France.Am I obliged to inform the authorites of my Parkinson Disease or the
> Insurance company as I read in a recent article in the British Parkinson
> Association that one is legally obliged to do  so in Britain.
> I have as yet done none of these things .Is it going to mean that my
> Insurance cost will go  up as it did for my holiday cover recently.
> Syd Adams [log in to unmask]

Hello Syd
         First, it is a legal requirement that you notify the DVLC at
Swansea, if you want to drive inthe UK. Current policy is to take no action
- they effectively rely on you to judge your fitness to drive.

Second, you do need to inform your insurance company.  In my case, they only
added 50 pounds to the excess, i.e. the amount I pay before claiming.

Alternatively, I have recently saved myself over 100 pounds by buying my
insurance from SAGA - with full disclosure of PD. The only condition
is that you must be 50 or over. They have a good reputation.

I hope this helps,

PS Any progress on the Analysis Program ?

Regards,  Brian Collins <[log in to unmask]>