Experienc with Micrographia:

I've had PD 7+ years. One of my first symptoms even before diagnosis was the
decline, then total inability to write. At the time my job was investigating
federal contract compliance - that required almost constant writing! Eldepryl
seemed to help very little there, so I struggled at work using mini tape
recorders hidden little microphones, I couldn't go "anywhere" without my
laptop computor and special ordered tiny portable printer (both battery run).
And I did so many things, and caused my staff to do thigs so differantly
(poor things) that I was able  to keep working for almost 4 years WITHOUT
 sinamet  and unable to write. Yes there are so many good people out there in
this great world. . I got things done, I got many pats on the back for being
so "courageous" and I tolerated with a smile insensitive reactions when
people thought I was faking it.  Well appearances surely aren't always true.
It was the worst hell. I believe the inability to write is the most disabling
loss of function - it cuts you off from society in so many ways. I've been
out of the work force for 2 1//2 years now, I reached the point where I
couldn't use the computor keyboard at all, and my fngers couldn't push the
tape recorder's on, off & rewind buttons.To top it off, although my employer
paid for a computorized voice activated word processing system - my inability
to move my fingers to press the few buttons necessaary wouldn't work and my
speech became broken andd stuttering or too low.Since then I've been put on
more PD drugs, there was another time I had to go off all the drugs for 2 1/2
weeks -- it was a living tortuous death. Adjustment and readjust of new and
more meds have made miraculous improvements. But although walking and shaking
and even sittingg or standing or even going to the bathroom without help -
have alll had their turns failing me - I regret the loss of the ability to
write most.

We're all a little differant atdifferant times - yet we're all the same.

We're in it together

Maryhelen