At 09:25  17/09/96 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>I am the proud owner of yet another disease with no known cause or cure - and
>a terrible record for effective treatment - RLS (restless legs syndrome).
> That along with PD is enough to cause one to go bonkers.
>I am able to cope with the PD...but I'm darned if
>I can get a handle on treating RLS.

>Does RLS cause insomnia? You can bet your boots on that.

Hi Barb,

I, too, have RLS along with Parkinson's - and they of curse (yes, I mean
curse) result in sleep deprivation. What a winning combination - not!

Some nights I feel like I'm up more than I'm down, and then the next day, I
feel like I should be at the zombie jamboree.

I take Sinemet, Clonazepam, and Amitriptyline at bedtime, and if I'm lucky,
my legs won't insist on dancing the Lambada when the rest of my body just
wants to sleep.

Judith