In message <[log in to unmask]> "Mangum, Chris" writes:
CM> I'm interested in why you hate Permax and yet plan to start on another
CM> dopamine agonist?
>
JB> I am on Pergolide - HATE it - and am just starting the process of weaning
JB> myself off it, so that when I stop it I can start on Requip. I'll keep
JB> the list posted with results!

I find the (intended) actions of Pergolide (Celance in UK) are fine, but
the side-effects, particularly the psychotic ones, are worse for me than
having a little extra rigidity. My neuro says that Ropinirole promises
to have much less psychotic side-effects - so I'm keeping my fingers
crossed about it! :-)

I don't want the dyskinesic or dystonic side-effects of more levodopa (I
take 9 x 62.5mg of Madopar/Symmetrel daily), hence the need (?) to solve
the problem with an agonist.

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)