HI Canadian List members
 and others interested in generic meds
<<a request for more input>.

I am not the first Listmember to try the generic form of Sinemet that is
made in Canada. I have found another PWP taking the generic and  it is a
good feeling to have company.  :-)
I think the new generic has been available since July. It is made by
APOTEX a well known generic drug company.

The tablets look almost the same. The 250/25 is a little thicker
than the original but almost the same blue.  The 100/10 is also blue
but it crumbles more easily than the original.  The 100/25--yellow.
I haven't seen it.

50 of the 250/25 Sinemet cost me $51.15
50 of the generic 250/25 APO-LEVOCARB cost $31.35
How do these prices compare in other places?

Are provincial drug formularies  (lists of approved drugs)
 and Insurance Cos changing to the new pills?

I am curious. I welcome your comments.
Anne Rutherford  <[log in to unmask]>
Newfoundland