As some of you may know, my "Parkinsonism" was caused by CO poisoning. I have
called what I have Parkinson's disease since the accident, but now, I'm not
so sure.
As you may also know from reading my letters and such, the only part of my
brain that was injured was the pallidus. I have recently received a couple of
interesting letters from members of the list.
My suspicions were confirmed, a lack of dopamine causes the pallidus to go
haywire, trying to receive dopamine that isn't present. I have all the
dopamine in the world, and would gladly trade any one of you some for a few
million more receptors.
I have no tremor at all, in fact, I lack almost all involuntary movement..
Thus, my inability to drive a car. Is what I have unique, or is anybody else
just lacking the postsynaptic part of the dopamine equation?

Jacob