Subject: New to list

Hello Mark,

On Sat 14 Sep, Mark F. Hardy wrote:
> Hi,
>   Another new member letting himself be known and heard.
>they want to assist me, like I'm crippled.  I don't get mad at them, I just
>feel ashamed, tainted, embarrassed, frustrated, anger and mostly lost.
>Suicide has crossed my mind, but
> I want to be around and wouldn't want to put that additional burden on my
>family.  Support groups just aren't available over here, at least not in
>English.
>   The plan is to transfer back to the U.S. next year.  That's me and thanks
>for listening.

I was diagnosed at the age of 40, and am now 56, so I do have some idea of
what you are going through. You have definitely come to the right place for
support, sympathy, bot not pity. It may help to know that you now have 1300+
people pulling with you and wishing you well.
   But there is more than that: You will find, if you continue to read this
list, that there really are things happening which offer a fair chance of not
only arresting this disease, but reversing it. I am hopeful that they will
happen in time for me to benefit, and for you, I would say that there is every
chance of this disease being conquered in time for you to benefit.
   Most people with PD go through a period of readjustment - there would be
something wrong if they didn't - but you will come through, probably tougher
than you went in, and ready to get on with the rest of your life.

Best wishes

Brian Collins <[log in to unmask]>