At 06:39 PM 9/18/96 -0400, you wrote:
>We are most fortunate to have a very successful Exercise class in our area
>of Los Angeles, and though I realise that this is small consolation to
>people not living in the area, we want to invite those with PD, who live
>within driving distance of Monrovia, CA to join us.  It is an exercise
>class specifically designed for PD, and is done almost entirely from a
>sitting position. All exercises are done to music, which obviously is the
>secret ingredient; since music makes even the worst PD suffer, get with it.
>
>The class is also the very best form of support group,because we meet 3
>times a week for an hour at a time, every body knows each other and we talk
>and hug all the time.
>The class is conducted by Beth Mirman, an exceptional person, with endless
>enthusiasm. Her success can be measured by the fact that many people have
>been in the class since it started almost 2 years ago. If you want to join,
>or if you live outside of the area and would like some help to start your
>own class, call Beth at 818 961-1391.
>
>Please pass this message on to other PD's who are not on the web.
>
>Finally, have you ever heard anybody say that exercise was a waste of time!
>
>Heather hewitt.  63 / 11yrs.
>Hi Peter,

Thanks for your information. I am a clinical psychologist working as a
geriatric psychologist in a continious care center. WQe have started a self
help PD group, and have been doing some exercise at our weekly meetings. The
Info we have came from the PD group at Presbyterian Hospital Hospital in New
York. But we are interested in any and all suggestions to aid us. What ever
help ypou can give to us would be most appreciated..Thanks

Bernie