Henry Spielberger wrote:

> Hi. My name is Henry Spielberger.  My wife, Ruth, was diagnosed with PD
> in 1988 (Age:45) while living in Holland.  Started having on/off in
> 1993 (in Houston, Tx).  Now in Baton Rouge, La.  I can't remember all
> the Neuro's she's had.
>
> Ruth likes to write.  Mostly short anecdotal (I'm an engineer so pardon
> my spelling) pieces but she's starting to write stories for kids (our
> daughter is 12).
>
> Anyone have experience with PD, menopause, estrogen therapy?  She
> started feeling awful after the 1st week and had to stop.  Neuro
> suggests lower dose but she'd feel better knowing actual experience.
> Taking Sinemet, CR, eldepryl, klonopin, Prozac.  Estroge Therapy:
> cycrin+climara
>
> Thanks,
> Ruth, 53, diagnosed with PD in 1988

Ruth,

I had similar experience with Provera which is given with Estrogen by
many MD's.  I'm not sure if what you are taking is cyclical with both
hormones or not.  I have resolved it my taking only the Estrogen per
patch.  I know there is controversy about that as well, but I am under
careful supervision by my MD (gynecologist).  He feels the slight risk
is worth the  many other benefits that estrogen gives
THis is just my experience.  Take it for what it's worth.

Marty