[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Anybody,
> Have you ever heard of Pycnogenol?  What other vitamin and natural (?)
> medicines are PD people taking to supplement their Doctor medicine?  And my
> husband has been killing all the dandelions when they might be useful for a
> cure-all tea?  I've been reading herbal remedy books.  This Pycnogenol comes
> from the bark of a pine tree?  Maybe cat fur is good for you,  I've got
> plenty of that around.  I'm feeling alittle down.
> Patricia
> 60, 1year,6 months

I am taking quite a list of supplements because I have an atypical form
of parkinsonsism, and they don't know what causes it or what to do about
it. Therefor I am taking exercise, physical therapy and supplements as my
primary treatment regimen. I am taking daily:

        vitamin A  (as Beta Carotine)     5,000 IU
        vitamn B complex                     50 mg ea
              (except folic acid--400 mcg
              and Biotin and vit B12---50 mcg ea)
        vitamin C                         2,000 mg
        vitamin D                           400 mg
        vitamin E                           400 mg
        calcium                           1,000 mg
        magnesium                           400 mg
        zinc                                 15 mg
        CoQ10                                60 mg
        grape seed extract proanthocyanidins
                                antioxident  60 mg
              (similar to pycnogenol)

I realize I may be merely creating expensive urine, but I don't care if
it does me no harm.

---Milo

--

Milo V. Anderson, Ph.D.             Knowledge is free at the library;
Box 417                             bring your own contianer.

voice 707 965 2508                     ODE TO A METAPHOR
fax   707 965 3148                  Ilustrations are useful,
e-mail [log in to unmask]             Or what's a meta-FOR.