CORRECTION:  YIKES!!  Make that an Estraderm 0.05 patch.. NOT .005.

Barb Mallut,

----------
From:   PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf
of Barbara Mallut
Sent:   Thursday, September 19, 1996 1:28 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: Menopause

Henry and Ruth...

I've used the Estroderm (.005 mg) patch for the entire 6 years since my
hysterectomy.  The patch, in bypassing the stomach, requires a MUCH lower dose
of estrogen to be effective.  I've never had any problems using the patch,
EXCEPT:

DIrections say to use a new patch 2 time per week.  Occasionally run out
before I can get to the pharmacy, and end up wearing that last patch for a
coupla extra days.  I've recently noticed that when that happens, by the 2nd
or 3rd day on an older patch (which, after all, should have been changed on
time!) I tend to get a bit shaky - noot tremors - shaky... like I needed to
get some food in me or drink orange juice for a pick-me-up kind of shakey
(Hope this makes sense!).

SInce I'm NOTHING if not a "foodie," <grin> I tried THAT before going to the
pharmacy, but food didn't change the shaky feeling.  A fresh Estroderm patch
DID do the trick in a coupla hours tho.

Sooooo... for what it's worth, that's my experience with estrogen.

Barb Mallut,