At 02:30 PM 19-09-96 -0400, you wrote:

>invited Prof. Oertel ( Marburg University). He mentioned that a new drug is
>supposd to be released on the market next spring or summer. The research
name is
>"COMT", some sort of blocker, more effective than pergolide (agonist). It shall
>reduce the fluctations of PD patients by reducing the L-Dopa peaks in the blood
>and shall enable a considerable reduction of L-Dopa intake at the same time. It
>is not yet sure where this drug will be available first (USA or Sweden) and
what
>will be the trademark. Does anybody know about this drug?
>
>Hi Dietmer,
Sounds a lot like tolcapone or entacapone.  This is being trialed in two
hospitals here in Melbourne Aust. but getting news about it is pretty
difficult and we have no idea when it will be available here. Havn't had
time to try my hand at the chat line, but thanks for the info.  Will get
onto it one day soon I hope. Am feeling terrific!  Hope you are the same.
Regards Mary Thompson.  48/6 [log in to unmask]