Sorry...it's our different language!  It's one of the frames that the old
are given to help them keep mobile.  To A young person in the UK it is a
sign that you are really old and combined with "an old person's disease"
there is no hope.

 Our language is so different.....thanks to my daughter having worked in the
USA I was able to understand the posting last week when someone described
falling on their fanny.  In the UK that is an entirely different part of the
female anatomy, and one that caused Lucy enormous embarrassment when she
first went to NY!!

regards  Emma