Tina:
As per your request, drug info frm Clinical Pharmacology

PLEASE NOTE:
Levodopa; Carbidopa/Midazolam
Carbidopa-levodopa can cause cardiac arrhythmias if administered before=20
inhalation of hydrocarbon general anesthetics. This interaction is=20
presumably due to the levodopa-induced increases in dopamine.=20
Levodopa-carbidopa should be discontinued 6=978 hours=20
before the administration of general anesthetics.
Patient profile for torrance, tina

Current 4 medications:
=9AAmantadine (Symmetrel=AE)
=9ALevodopa; Carbidopa (Sinemet=AE)=7F
=9AMidazolam (Versed=AE)
=9ASelegiline (Eldepryl=AE)
Drug Interactions Report
Levodopa; Carbidopa/Amantadine
Concomitant administration of amantadine, benztropine, procyclidine, or=20
trihexyphenidyl with levodopa-carbidopa can enhance the therapeutic effec=
ts=20
of levodopa but should not be used in patients with a history of psychosi=
s.

Amantadine can increase the efficiency of levodopa by its action on centr=
al=20
nerve terminals. Patients who exhibit psychoses should avoid this=20
combination because of the possibility of an increased psychotic effect.

Selegiline/Levodopa; Carbidopa
Administration of levodopa to patients receiving drugs that inhibit=20
monoamine oxidase (MAO) can produce a hypertensive response. While=20
traditional MAOIs such as phenelzine inhibit MAO type A and selegiline is=
=20
selective for MAO type B, at doses above 30=9740 mg/day, this selectivity
is lost. Selegiline can increase levodopa-induced dyskinesias, nausea,=20
orthostatic hypotension, confusion, and hallucinations. Reductions in=20
levodopa dosage may be necessary within a few days after the start of=20
selegiline treatment. Even though Parkinson's disease is an indication fo=
both selegiline and levodopa, and these 2 drugs are administered together=
=20
safely in some cases, patients should be monitored closely for hypertensi=
ve=20
 It=20
is likely, however, that combining  selegiline with levodopa-containing=20
products for the treatment of Parkinson's disease may decline due=20
to a report of higher mortality with combination therapy compared to ther=
apy=20
with levodopa without selegiline.=CA=CA=D0=D2

Concomitant use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) with=20
levodopa-carbidopa can result in hypertensive crisis. Simultaneous use of=
=20
these agents is contraindicated. MAOIs should be discontinued 2=974 weeks=
=20
before initiation of levodopa-carbidopa therapy. Although selegiline
inhibits MOA type B, the adverse effects associated with levodopa, includ=
ing
orthostatic hypotension, confusion, dyskinesias, nausea, and hallucinatio=
ns,=20
can be exacerbated by concomitant administration of selegiline. Dosages o=
f=20
levodopa should be reduced within 2=973 days after beginning selegiline=20
therapy.

Additive Adverse Reactions Report
3 of these drugs may cause:
=95anorexia (amantadine; levodopa/carbidopa; selegiline)
=95nausea/vomiting (amantadine; levodopa/carbidopa; selegiline)
=95orthostatic hypotension (amantadine; levodopa/carbidopa; selegiline)

2 of these drugs may cause:
=95agitation (amantadine; selegiline)
=95anxiety (amantadine; selegiline)
=95ataxia (amantadine; levodopa/carbidopa)
=95confusion (amantadine; selegiline)
=95constipation (amantadine; selegiline)
=95depression (amantadine; selegiline)
=95diarrhea (amantadine; selegiline)
=95dizziness (amantadine; selegiline)
=95drowsiness (amantadine; selegiline)
=95dystonia (levodopa/carbidopa; selegiline)
=95hallucinations (amantadine; selegiline)
=95headache (amantadine; selegiline)
=95hypertension (levodopa/carbidopa; selegiline)
=95insomnia (amantadine; selegiline)
=95neuroleptic malignant syndrome (amantadine; levodopa/carbidopa)=7F
=95urinary retention (levodopa/carbidopa; selegiline)
=95weight loss (levodopa/carbidopa; selegiline)
=95xerostomia (amantadine; selegiline)

Drugs/Contraindications Warning
No potential drug/contraindication warnings were identified.

I wish you good luck.

>i am to have a medical proceedure early tomorrow morning.
>
>the doctor will give me a mild sedative,called FENFANYL
>and/or VERSED.
>
>can anyone tell me if these drugs will interact with my,
>PD meds.  I take SINEMET 25/100, ELDEPRYL 5MG,3 AMANTADINE.

Regards,
Margaret Tuchman (54 yrs, dx 1980)
I've got Parkinson's disease.  And he's got mine.