To:   Parkinson's-affected community and scientists
From:   Joan I. Samuelson, Esq.
Re:   UDALL BILL -- FINAL PUSH

We are in the final push for passage of the Udall bill in this Congress.
 With in two weeks, the Congress is expected to go home for the year.  This
is the time--RIGHT NOW--to make final calls, visits, letters and faxes.
 Below is the status and how you can help.

THE BILL IS MOVING TO THE FLOOR IN THE SENATE
As this is written, the NIH reauthorization, with the "streamlined"Udall bill
provisions included, is in negotiation over the details that will determine
when and how it will hit the Senate floor for a vote.  We are very close, but
various timing, political and policy question --related or unrelated to
Parkinson's-- could derail it.  We are working to clear the obstacles, and
YOU CAN HELP BY KEEPING THE PRESSURE ON.  THE MESSAGE IS SIMPLE --Until Your
Elected Representatives Can Tell You The Vote Is Done, We Need Them To Keep
Pushing.  Also Contact the Senate Leadership--Senators Lott And Kassebaum In
Particular.

TO THE HOUSE: GET UDALL MOVING:
Despite a majority-plus of the House co-sponsoring and pressure continuing to
build, the House Commerce Committee leadership-Chair Tom Bliley(R-Richmond,
VA) and Sub-committee Chair Mike Bilirakis (R-Tampa/St. Pete, FL) ---are
STILL blocking the bill's movement.  Various Senators supporting us are
working on them (Kassebaum, Mack--Thank you!!), and the Senate vote will
increase the pressure, but WE NEED YOU TO KEEP PUSHING THE HOUSE LEADERSHIP
(SPEAKER GINGRICH, REPS. DICK ARMEY AND TOM DELAY, BLILEY AND BILIRAKIS and
get your own Congressmen to do so too.  THIS IS THE LAST TIME THEY CAN HELP
US THIS YEAR.        TELL   THEM   LIVES   ARE   AT   STAKE  --  GET IT DONE!

YOU CAN ALSO CALL  ANY MEMBER OF CONGRESS BY DIALING THE CAPITOL SWITCHBOARD
AT (800)962-3524