CO is the symbol for the chemical compound formed by one atom of carbon and
one atom of oxygen, better known as carbon monoxide. This form of these two
elements forms a colorless, ordorless, and extremely toxic gas. It is formed
by the imcomplete combustion of fossil fuels, such as patroleum.
>Which is how poisoning takes place. Most carbon monoxide poisonings occur in
>homes with faulty furnaces. In other words, the fuel is not being totally
>"Burnt", for lack of a better word. Most other poisonings are suicide
>attempts, usually taking place in a garage. Leaving the engine running, and
>shutting the garage door, unless you have a super clean running engine will
>normally kill a person in about an hour.
>Even the experts are not sure exactly how CO affects the brain. They do know
>that instead of receiving oxygen in its pure form, the brain is forced to
>begin accepting CO, robbing the body of hemoglobin, or something like that.
>Anyways, that is where my knowledge ends. Except for the fact, and I guess I
>probably went through all of that scientific jargon for nothing, that in some
>cases, as in mine, CO poisoning can cause a Parkinson's like syndrome. Or it
>may even cause P.D. itself as it did in the case of another member of this
>list, depending on the duration of exposure. Again, even the most
>knowledgable scientists still don't know why this poison chooses to attack
>the dopamine system in some victims, and severe cognitive damage in others,
>which is a whole other matter altogether.
>i sincerely hope that you can find a better explanation than this somewhere
>else.
>
>Regards,
>
>Jacob Drollinger

I doubt that I can find a better explanation than this.  Thank you so much
for answering my question.  You were not conescending at all, but very
informative.
Thanks
Laura Rogers