In message <[log in to unmask]> PARKINSN@ listserv.utoronto.ca writes:
> Hi Mark
> I'm 44 and was diagnosed with PD 3 yrs ago, so I guess I'm in the
> "young PD" group. I have lived and worked in Germany for 13 yrs.

Ah, that puts an interesting perspective on things: in UK, young
Parkinsonians are under 60 and join YAPP&RS (Young Alert Parkinsons
Partners & Relatives) so at 58 (had PD for 10 years now) I'm sort of
easing myself out of YAPP&RS which is anyway a sub-group of PDS
(Parkinson's Disease Society of UK).

A group of us went to a European Young Parkinson's Conference at
Leverkusen (Near Cologne) earlier this year, at which point it really
came home to us what the name for their yound PD group really meant:
they are U40, short for Unter 40, and of course, I felt ancient!

However, they are a great bunch, and we made good friends with a number
of them. One, who subscribes to this list, is Dietmar Wessel, and like
so many of them, his English is excellent. Why not contact him to see if
he can offer ideas about support groups near you who speak English?

Good luck.

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)