Barbara,

Thank you for the Welcome message.

By way of introduction, my name is Will A. Kuipers. I am 75 and retired from an
engineering career in 1985.
I was diagnosed with Parkinson's 5 years ago. I live in Dallas, Texas, where we
have a very active support organization: The Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society  (
DAPS ).
My other source of information is the quarterly Newsletter of the United
Parkinson Fund of Chicago.
One of DAPS'  members pointed me in the direction of your LISTSERV. I was hoping
to find sources of information on Parkinson's since I started dabbling with this
computer. I can't thank him enough. This is just what I was hoping for.

I see my Neuro twice a year. He has me on two Eldepryl and two and a half
Sinemet CR a day. My symptoms are light and have not changed much for the worse,
if at all. I am blessed that I can still do just about everything I did before.
But it pays to be aware that things can change and one needs to be prepared for
that.

Will A. Kuipers
INTERNET:[log in to unmask]
Written and sent    9/13/1996,   20:45 CDT