JONES, BRYCE wrote:

> My mother's Parkinson's doctor has recently prescribed
> a drug named Cogentin
>What type of side effects are typically felt?

Dear Bryce,
According to "Food/Medication Interactions" this is an antiparkinson,
anti-eps, anticholinergic; it is recommended to take it with food to
decrease GI upset; take calcium or magnesium supplements separately.
Possible side effects: Dry mouth, nausea/vomiting, epigastric distress,
constipation. Caution in hot weather. May aggravate tardive dyskinesia.
Other possible side effects: confusion, depression, drowsiness, blurred
vision, lessened sweating, dizziness, lowered blood pressure, weakness.

These are only POSSIBLE side effects, not necessarily true for everyone.
My very best regards to you and your mother. Let me know if I can be of
further help.

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Editor-in-Chief,