At 01:03 PM 9/14/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Group,
>
>It had been a while since I've had one, and I guess I've always attributed
>them to one of the drugs I was on at the time (Permax, Sinemet, Parlodel),
>none of which I am taking now. But this past Monday it happened again. I was
>in the hospital having a severe case of bursitis treated, from a fall I had
>taken more than two weeks ago.
>At any rate, they were trying to get some fluid out of the bursa in my right
>knee, when all of a sudden, my blood pressure began to drop. I know this
>feeling because I have felt it so many times before. The second they stuck
>that needle in me, it started. It is so frightening! You can actually feel
>your heart slowing down, you begin to sweat, and, I have been told, turn
>white as a ghost. It feels as if your heart will stop.
>I am not afraid of needles. I giggled when my left calf was injected with
>bo-tox this past spring, and I love to watch when blood is being drawn from
>my arm.
>My question is, has anyone else had any experience with this?
>
>Jacob

Dear Jacob,

Was there an anesthetic involved? Dopamine and opiates use the same
receptors. Ask to see if there was any anesthetic involved.

PS
I can think of far more fun things to do than watch blood being drawn from
my arm.

Will
WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter
63  Dx1991 Symptoms 1971