Hello, All:

I would urge you to take a cyber trip to Greg Johnson's new website:

http://www.terminus.com/~gjohnson/

In addition to a full years' collection of Medline abstracts dealing with=
 PD=20
research, you will also find a 90 page information packed book: Parkinson=
's=20
Disease Resource Guide. It is an awesome compilation of information  -- I=
=20
have copied for your perusal the Introduction and Index.
Thank you Greg Johnson for making this available to us. WOW!!!!
Regards,
Margaret Tuchman (54yrs, dx 1980)
-

American Parkinson Disease Association
and
Associazione Italiana Parkinsoniani

March 1996
 Dear Friend,

About 3 years ago the APDA and AIP started to work on a very ambitious=20
project, the collection of data for an international data bank on=20
Parkinson's disease.  The aim of the bank is to provide information usefu=
l=20
to both patients and professionals. The first edition was published in
November 1994.  Here is the second edition containing nearly twice the=20
information of the first. The information was provided by the national=20
Parkinson associations throughout the world.

We would like to thank all the associations already participating in this=
=20
project, and request them to send us updates for inclusion into the next=20
edition.

We are also asking for input from associations not yet participating in t=
his=20
project and from individuals of countries where there is no national=20
association, or no information available in this booklet.  Proper credit=20
will be given to contributors.

This booklet will be updated every year in March.  It is available in=20
electronic format on the
World Wide Web at: http://neuro-chief-e.mgh.harvard.edu/parkinsonweb/=20
Main/PDmain.html.

Paul Maestrone      Greg Johnson     Gianni Pezzoli

PARKINSON'S DISEASE ASSOCIATIONS        1
PARKINSON'S DRUGS       7
AUSTRALIA       15
        Educational Literature  16
        Educational Video Tapes 17
        New Medications Clinical Trials 18
        Centers for Parkinson's Disease Treatment       18
        Centers for Parkinson's Disease Research        19
        PD Research in Progress 20
        PD Medications Commercially Available in Australia      22
BELGIUM 24
        Educational Literature  25
        Audio Tapes     26
        Grants  26
        Young PD Groups 26
CANADA  27
        Centers for PD Treatment        28
        PD Medications Available in Canada      30
        Educational Literature  32
        Educational Video Tapes 34
GERMANY 35
        Educational Literature  36
        Centers for PD Treatment        36
        Centers for PD Research 37
        Research Funded at Universities 37
ITALY   39
        Educational Literature  40
        PD Medications Available in Italy       41
        Clinical Trials in Italy in 1994        44
NEW ZEALAND     57
        Educational Literature  58
        Centers for PD Treatment        58
        PD Medications Commercially Available in New Zealand    59
SOUTH AFRICA    60
        Educational Literature  61
        Centers for PD Treatment        61
        Centers for PD Research 61
        Research Grants 62
        PD Medications Commercially Available in South Africa   62
 UNITED KINGDOM 63
        Educational Material    64
        Tapes   65
        Young Parkinson=92s Support Groups      65
UNITED STATES   66
        Educational Literature  67
        Parkinson Drugs         68
        Grants  71
        Video Tapes     73
        Video Tapes, Support Group Library      77
        Young Parkinson=92s Support Groups      79

International Parkinson's Disease

Resources Guide