If you were to photographer the harvest moon tonight (or the moon any
night) you would adjust your camera to the same settings you'd need if you
were photographing, say, the children in the backyard playing with the dog.

Why? It seems pretty dark out there in space, but of course the moon
receives the same amount of sunlight as your backyard does all day.

Shine on, harvest mooon!