>Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 16:28:52
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: avigdor <[log in to unmask]>
>
>My name is Avigdor Ophir and I am 61 years old. I have been ill with PD
since 1988. It started of as hemi PD with tremor in one hand and it got
worssen untill both hand and leg on one side were shivering. 4 years ago i
have passed a sterotactic palidotomy. At first both hand and leg stopped
shivering and it seemed as if I was cured but then after a few month my leg
started shivering again and after less than a year my hand started shaking
again. Two years ago my condition was worssen and the other side of my body
started shaking too, my hand writing became unrecognizable and I have
problems with intiating movments. Today I am taking a drug named "jumex" and
I am searching for new ways of treatment as for drugs do not affect me any
longer. I am intersted in the thalamic stimulation and wondering if it fits
a person like me who had already passed a brain operation.