I didn't get the chance to read the message the reply to "Anxiety" was to,
but I would like to comment on this factor if I might.
Stress and anxiety is something I know that everybody has to live with in
their day to day lives, some to a greater extent than others. But if you have
never had to live with the fear of not being able to be understood when you
speak, and the fear of shaking when in the presence of someone important (or
at least important to you), or the pressure of not knowing whether or not you
are going to have the stamina, or the balance, to walk a single city block,
well then, you have never had P.D.
I feel the stress, especially around the people that care about me the most,
because I am a proud person, and I don't want them to think worse of me. I
feel the stress at the dinner table, not knowing if the severe dystonia in my
legs is going to kick in, and  I will suddenly pop up and fall backwards. I
know this is a different kind of problem most of you experience at meals, but
it's the one I have.
I will start to sweat, and my heart will begin to race as well. No wonder
most Parkinson's patients tend to lose weight. I have always told my mother,
the reason I stay so thin is that I just constantly burn nervous energy all
of my waking hours. Simply sitting, and wondering how I am going to make it
from here to there the next time I get up must burn up at least 500
calories/hour.

Lots of love to all,

Jacob Drollinger