Sorry, a bit of a long post, but someone out their may get  their morning chuckle
 or at least be able to identify!. . . . . . . . . .

Please tell me, why, why why do people think that because we don't finish
our sentences as quickly as they might wish us to, that we don't know
HOW to finish them?

A fellow parkie suggested....WE  NEED TO CARRY BUCKET FULL
>OF  PERIODS AND ASK THE WELL-INTENTIONED PPLZ NOT
 TO TALK UNTIL WE SAY >"PERIOD>"........
OR HOWSE ABOUT  AN "over" AND "OVER AND
 >WALKIE-PARKIE-TALKIE TYPE DEALLY>>>??????

Or people who, in all kindness, say, "Just tell me what to do...no,.don't get
up....I"ll do what you want......you just sit there and give directions...."
and then proceed to either try to anticipate what you're going to
say...(usually wrong), assume that because you're slow you have no idea of
what you're saying, or tell you a better/more efficient/tastier/faster/more fun/\more healthy
way to do it?   ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

And don' tget me wrong, I DO appreciatec all well-meaning help, but........

                                 SCENE 1 ACT 1

                        <<Relatives helping prepare dinner>>

                                                   or

        <<Why I often serve peanut butter sandwiches on "those" days>>

They say (after seeing me weilding the vegetable knife -small but sharp and deadly)
"We can give you a hand,  dear.  What would you like us to do?"

Me    (knowing that I was purfectly fine with that knife as long as I was at least
 five feet away from all small animals and moving body parts)
  "Oh, OK, just cut the vegetables in big chunks, please..we're going to barbeque them"

One relative      " Big chunks?  they'll cook a lot faster if they're not so big"

Me              "Thanks, but its for a certain recipe and I know how to do them - big chunks please"

Other r elative         " Oh,  don't go to any trouble for us....regular vegetables are just fine
  .Here, These will take forever on the barbeque,  I'll just cut these big chunks in half"
which she proceeded to do.

Me              "No, please, I've got everything else ready. I want you to try this new recipe,
 it's really good"

One relative to another as they continue to cut each big chunk into quarters..
...<obviously I can't be in full control of my senses>   "What does shes mean about a new recipe,
  I don't see anything different around here...<sampling a chunk of carrot>..these bare vegetables are awfully bland..Here , let me add some more salt."  my relative liberaly sprinkles the veggies with salt.

Me              "They don't need more salt, they're fine.  I'll be adding a sauce to them after they've been....."

One relative brings the bowl of vegetables over to me to check
 "There seems to be an awful lot of vegetables in here......"

Me              "Actually we could probably use some more. There won't be as much
 after they've been grilled and ......"

One relative    "We have plenty of vegetables.  No one ever eats lots of vegetables in this family"

I was overruled....No more veggies washed and chopped
(I thought this was MY house and My dinner 'party')

Other relative             "Grilled?  How can you possibly grill these vegetables?
  They'll fall through the grill and end up on the coals.."

Me              "Exactly!  That's why I didn't want them chopped up into little
pieces  in the first place!

Relative       "Now, Now, no need to get testy, we're just trying to help.
e're just doing exactly what you're telling us to do. ..."

So we used a cake tin instead of the grill basket and the vegetables cooked nicely
- also reduced their volume by half.  I  added my special sauce and they were
 passed around the table.  Final verdict  from family re veggies?
 HMMMMM!  GOOD!   but there could have been more,
 and "just a little less salt next time, Lynda"

And that was just the vegetable part of the meal.
And I do love my family.

Lynda
(43 pd 9)