Yesterday I had the most frustrating, tear stained day that I've had in a long time.  One minute I felt like a flying aerobics instructor with airborne attitude, the next minute I was mired in thick gooey mud up to my eyeballs.

When in super 'on' mode, a friend called to tell me some bad news. < we all have those 'friends'>    She began with " are you sitting down? "  I replied, "You mean as in having one's bottom planted firmly in one place on a chair?  I wish....."  Not being one of 'us' she didn't see the humor.

Later that same day, as I perched rigidly on my chair, a half smile etched  a tad crookedly on my face, another one of those 'friends' commented on how much better I seemed lately.  Gee thanks......what did I look like then?   I wondered to myself.

And later still that same day  I missed the phone call I'd been waiting for because I was stuck with my sweater up over my head and my arms twisted somewhere inside the sleeves < I was sure there were openings at both ends of the sleeves this morning when I put it on>

I found the sleeve openings, slow-motion wrestled the sweater off and dissolved into tears.  I guess I'd been  saving them up for some time, because for awhile there it seemed as though they'd never stop. But they stopped, and I finally started, and life resumed some semblance of normalcy as I put the laundry in the oven and the meatball casserole in the washing machine.

The day ended much better than it started.  The laundry was done to perfection and the meatball casserole was so squeaky clean it made funny little noises as we swallowed it.

Lynda
(43, 9)