After getting on and off this list twice I have decided I need to introduce
myself. I am #2 of four daughters of Elizabeth age 77/8 and coCG with one
sister and an aunt. An increasing amount of the caregiving has fallen to me,
in particular medical related stuff. Mom is on Sinemet 50/200 1/2 tab tid,
Permax tid(3/day),Relafin 2tabs/day for arthritis.She is having increasing
trouble getting around and performing tasks. She still lives in her own
home. My questions are four. Is there a way we can tell if she is
functioning at her best?(this may seem to be a silly question)She says she
stays in a mental fog and is not able to give her doctor specific
feedback.It all seems to be trial and error to me with long periods of
waiting in between adjustments of medication. Has anyone else had this
mental fog problem and did you find a solution? Perhaps it is not parkins.
related? Whenever her M.D. tries her on something new (the most recent thing
was Mysoline) she will take one pill, it will make her dizzy or groggy and
she will say she never wants to take it again. The M.D. says if she will
take it awhile she will acclaimate to it, but she usually can't stand to
take more than about three days of it. Has anyone had these experiences? Can
anyone recommend a neuro who specializes in Parkinsons close to Knoxville,
TN.? I would greatly appreciate and feedback you can give.  Thanks.
        Susan Davis

   View my husband's Web-Site at
         http://m-media.com