>Would someone who knows, please explain the differences between the
>listserv, and a Usenet ?  - It means nothing to me.

Passed on from a colleague, who got it from another mailing list:

"A mailing list is like having a few friends round for a beer. A newsgroup
 is like putting a big sign up at the edge of town saying 'free beer at my
 place'."

Whatever the technical differences, the two media do have very different
cultures.........

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============