Hi everyone: It is somewhat premature I know at this early date to be
overwhelmingly convinced about my results, but I am pretty pleased this
morning, and I will risk sharing it with the knowledge that I may need to
come back later and modify my evaluation . Margaret, you did not get a
glowing report from me earlier, and neither did you, Keith.

I spent all morning on Tuesday getting my 6 month evaluation at the KU Med
Center, Kansas City, KS. I had to appear at the research center at 0645
without any meds since bedtime the night before, and with no use of devices
after turning both off at bed-time. I actually have found it difficult to
tell if they are off or on, especially since the programing I got at 3 months.

         We had just returned from our trip to NYC for the Phil Donahue show
and My foot was diskenetic  much of the time. In fact at that time, it was
easy to decide because my foot began to move as soon as I turned the device
on. So I had  been quite uncomfortable; especially on the airplane. My foot
was squirming around in my dress shoes for the entire trip. It was even more
uncomfortable becuswe of the condition of my toe-nails. BOTH LITTLE TOES HAD
THICK NAILS THAT HAD SPLIT. THE REST OF MY TOE NAils were also thickened and
distorted to some extent. So I really needed to get something more effective
than the Lotrimin creme I had been applying topically.

        I now have a 90 day supply of luminal(?) on order. It is supposed to
be very effective. I had decided to request a return to the settings I had
changed after NYC, and I supposed I might have to put up with the foot
movements again, but my nurse clinician, Diane Smith got me reset with more
power again, but so far very little dyskinesia. Diane suggested that my
system changed since the previous time.

        I am getting more help from my stimulators again. I got less of an
effect from my supper last night, and was able to move around in bed better
again. I will keep you informed about further developments. I hope that they
turn out better than I can anticipate. It is soo good to have hope
increased!! This surgery is no small thing to go through, and I was
beginning to doubt if it was worth it.

913-267-6916(unlisted); 1631 SE 37th Ter., Topeka, KS 66609-1501;       Asst
Area Veterinarian in Chg.,USDA, Kansas. Ret.
  66, Dx1982, pallidal stimulation surgery at KU Med Center,
   K.C. Kansas; 1st side 1/4/96; other side 3\14\96
  Results still being evaluated, but we are encouraged at this    point.
         Lord, make us instruments of your peace.