                                 RTK.NET Mail 209748   Sep 26 17:15:22 1996

Ammend that last message!  The NIH Revitalization Act just passed in the
Senate!  A modified version of the Udall bill, directing NIH to spend
$80 million on Parkinson's research and other Parkinson's programs, was
attached to this bill.  This is really a major victory and is a tribute to
the hard work of so many people who have and who care about people with
PD.

Now we have Senators such as Hatfield and others pressuring House members
(particularly Bliley, who chairs the House Commerce Committee) to act
on NIH Reauthorizing legislation during this congress.  We need everyone
to call Bliley's office and ask him to support Parkinson's disease research
and act on NIH Reauthorization legislation before Congress adjourns.  Then
spend some time cheering and patting yourselves on the back.  The grassroots
support this year has been amazing and now it's paying off!

with love to all,

Sherri Cave

p.s. I'm not able to keep up with the list these days, so if you need me
to respond to a question or something, send a copy to my email address.