Dianne wrote:

> In no way am I telling anyone what meds to take or not take.  I merely
> passed on the information I had read in this particular book (as I stated in
> my original letter).  It wasn't my OPINION, it's printed in many
> prescription drug sources.  Anyone's welcome to read them anytime.  When I
> said I wouldn't take it myself, I was speaking ONLY for myself.  You see, I
> am no longer on any prescription drugs, thanks to all natural products I've
> discovered.  In researching them, I found there have been double blind
> studies done on these things for years & years, but the FDA can't patent
> them, so there's no money to be made...

Hi Dianne,we salute you.

You made yourself quite clear since yours first message.We got it.I appreciate the
sincerity in yours words.Of course choices im medication requires a lot of good sense
and right judgement.It is not always a simple decision in what to do due to the
limitations in ours present knowlege about everything.Many of ours basic questions are
still to be responded correctly and precisely.However you made a point in calling the
attention in a matter that sometimes we dont't give all the care it needs.

> >Uau,uau Dianna,this is quite impressive.
> >I have taken SEL for about 14 months (5 mg),felt nothing except sometimes
> and then,not
> >allways,not so easy to remmeber sometimes the rigth word,or name,even tough
> I may see
> >mentally the person or the significate of the word.Besides that I have
> noticed in the
> >recently(about 2 months ago) that my eyes started to have fine lines flying
> around the
> >space laterally.People call "fly" in the eyes.
> >As for the other side effects mentioned they did not happened to me so far.
> >>
> >> Foods to avoid when on Selegiline:  Chianti & red wine, vermouth,
> >> unpasteurized or imported beer, beef or chicken liver, fermented sausages,
> >> tenderized or prepared meats, caviar, dried fish, pickled herring, CHEESE
> >> (American, Brie, cheddar, Camembert, Emmentaler, Boursault, Stilton, and
> >> others), avocados, yeast extracts, BANANAS, figs, raisins, soy sauce, miso
> >> soup, bean curd, fava beans, CAFFEINE, & CHOCOLATE.  (BOY WOULD I BE IN BIG
> >> TROUBLE!!)  These foods and others can cause severe sudden high blood
> >> pressure to occur with Selegeline. Your Dr. or Pharm. can give you more info
> >> on foods to avoid!

> >> I do not eat most of the above foods but take hundreds of strong brasilian coffe
> daily,but none alcooholic drinks since I don't like them,and I am a great consumer of BANANAS and fruits as oranges etc.

Warm regards

           |  Internet :    [log in to unmask]             |
           +---------------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |--------------+