Subject: Mechanical Engineer
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 15:25:01 +0100
From: Francesco Prudente <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list ABLE-JOB <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Job application

I send you my curriculum vitae since I would like to apply for the position of
mechanical engineer.
I don't have a working experience as an engineer because I have just graduated.
However, I'm able to learn things quikly and in depth. In fact, I graduated before the
term of 5 years, first of my crowded class, together with another person, and I got
maximum grades.
I have a good knowledge of stress and structures, since I studied sujects such as
Construction theory, Machine construction (Intermediate and Advanced) and Vibration
mechanics. Moreover, my degree thesis was about the modelling of a flexible structure,
for application on satellite attitude control. I also have a good knowledge of
automatic control and robotics.
Looking foreward to being called for an interview, I remain,
Yours faithfully,

        Alberto Prudente

                CURRICULUM VITAE
Alberto Prudente
Born in Rome, 7th September 1972.
Address: via dei Gracchi, 318
        00192 Roma      ITALY.
Telephone: (+39 6) 321 321 9.
E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Nationality: Italian.

EDUCATION
1986-91         High School in Rome, Istituto Marcantonio Colonna, obtaining maturitˆ
classica (classical studies diploma) in July 1991, with maximum grades (60/60).
9/91-7/96       Degree in Mechanical Engineering, from the University of Rome "La
Sapienza" with maximum grades (110/110 e lode).
Degree thesis in "Automatic Control", entitled "Model and control of an articulated
planar flexible laboratory structure". This thesis is part of a theoretical and
experimental work on satellite attitude control, supervised by professor Salvatore
Monaco and sponsored by ASI (Italian Space Agency).

EXPERIENCE
7/92, 7/93      Sailing instructor at the Circolo della Vela di Roma.
91-96           Private lessons for high school students.
94-96           Cooperated in managing the library and the student information office
at the Dipartimento di Meccanica ed Aeronautica of the University of Rome, in exchange
for a schloarship.
9/96-present    Scientific attender at the Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
of the University of Rome "La Sapienza" continuing the work of my degree thesis with
computer dynamic simulations and experimental activities.

SKILLS
LANGUAGES
Italian: mother tongue.
English: very good (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, obtained December
1990).
French: fair.
COMPUTER Literate in software applications such as Word, Mathematica, Matlab.
Knowledge of programming languages Fortran, Pascal, C++.

SPORTS AND HOBBIES
Sailing (regattas aboard 42 ft yacht Primadonna since 1989).
Swimming, street hokey, tennis.
Travels, novel reading.

--------------8E81855677--