<<<Dianne <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: SELEGILINE-Side effects..

In no way am I telling anyone what meds to take or not take. I merely
passed on the information I had read in this particular book (as I stated
in my original letter). It wasn't my OPINION, it's printed in many
prescription drug sources. Anyone's welcome to read them anytime. When I
said I wouldn't take it myself, I was speaking ONLY for myself. You see, I
am no longer on any prescription drugs, thanks to all natural products I've
discovered. In researching them, I found there have been double blind
studies done on these things for years & years, but the FDA can't patent
them, so there's no money to be made...I was quite skeptical at first but
then when I had a heel spur and the Doc said "OPERATION", fortunately I was
told by a friend what natural supplements to use to rid myself of it and it
worked. Also, friends and family with Lupus, M.S., Fibromyalgia (my
daughter), Hypothyroid (my mother), and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome have found
relief with natural products and are now feeling tremendous energy; also my
in-laws (now 88 & 89) are finally off all prescription meds and are doing
better now than 5 years ago, mostly due to the fact they no longer are
experiencing dizziness, fatigue, etc. which were common side effects of the
meds they were on.>>>>>

I also feel inclined to comment on these words:
1) the FDA - food and drug administration - does not patent.  The FDA does
rule on whether a "medicine" may be sold legally in this nation for use to
cure or alleviate medical or health problems.
2) drug companies will patent their discoveries and then seek approval to
sell as prescription drugs or medicine.
I think your intent was to express negative emotion about drug companies
seeking maximum profit - id est, only seeking approval of patentable
medications.  (There is no profit in most drugs or products not having the
17 years of monopoly sales to recoup the cost of testing to obtain FDA
approval.)
3)Dianne obviously advocates alternative medicine.  There is much OPINION
that prescription medicines are "bad" because drug sellers are "bad" - and,
doctors are "bad" is thrown in also.
(my opinion: many are overpaid for their efforts, but there are charlatans
in alternative medicine who profit on ignorant average citizens.)
4)the placebo effect (human anatomy heals itself) is very important. One's
belief in expectation that healing will occur if touched by the charismatic
- or consuming the "natural products" - or the "wonder drug" - or the "like
magic magnets" et cetera - is the very ultimate in doctoring oneself.  We
do not know formally how to even describe the wonderful chemistry of the
evolved animals - and, the naked ape is most gifted by cognition that is
conscious and able to abstract and communicate what homo sapiens has
collectively learned over history. However, knowledge implies learning -
and, the learning is better achieved by some - who can take advantage of
ignorance.  There is also truth and valid informing as well as lies,
mis-informing, non-valid-discovery and correct scientific explication of
the formerly unknown or undescribed or incorrectly understood.
5) one more caveat: reverse placebo - is perhaps as destructive.  Believing
that one is "doomed" may well cause the will to die rather than live a
future that seems to be "living hell".  Brain chemistry is partially
responsive to attitude. Be spunky.  Vitality "is" joy in living.  living is
caring positively for self. self "is" the process - cognition - trip
through time - with bringing joy and sorrow to self and others.  living
well "is" keeping "well" (not being sick). keeping well is charismatic and
contagious. adult-hood (in the cognitive abstract) "is" loving and knowing
self and others. Laugh if you have not learned to crow. To Hell with worry.

ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/