  Dear Reader,
     I read the Digest each day and occasionally I feel I have something
really smart to say.But one or more of you get to say my very thought
before I can punch a key.YOU are really ticking me off!
So cut it out! Or at least make an error that I can find and post a
correction to the list.Or do I have to come up with original material all
the time because if you do you will have to delete stuff like the next
paragraph time and time again.
     I would like to make a case for self- pity.You all offer sound
advise,great support and terrific
acceptance. You really take a person where their at...nonjudgemental. But
you draw the line at self -pity. Why? "sorry you'll get no support for your
self-pity here"...no! No!...unah."self-pity not spoken here. Well I say
fooey to that...people have an inaliennable right to piss and moan.It right
thare[see TWGB message of 8/30/96 re:Zane Grey] in the constitution. It
gives a man[not sure it means a women. Our founding fathers{ not mothers}
you might think had an attitude] the right to say things like ..."Woe is
me. The British are always picking on me" What would I purpose? you ask,
well I've given it some thought and I would encourage people who wish to
express their self -pity do so. they should set aside several hours a day,
find a restful spot, and bitch and moan, that it! bitch and moan. With much
practice they will discover that they only need, say, 10 minutes a day
leaving lots of time to devote to other skills such as finding fault with
their "loved Ones"

    SO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT A 2nd SIDER IS ALL ABOUT? WELL THAT IS A
PERSON WHO HAS HAD A SECOND SIDE[BILATERAL] PALLIDOTOMY. I WILL BE WELCOMED
INTO THIS ELITE GROUP ON TUESDAY 9/24/96 AT 10 AM AT MASS.GENERAL HOSPITAL
IN BOSTON. I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR IDEAS AND SUPPORT. I'VE READ A
COUPLE OF HUNDRED ARTICLES AND TALKED WITH MANY WISE PEOPLE BUT WHAT MADE
UP MY MIND FOR ME WAS HOW THE OPTIONS FELT TO ME. AND IN THIS INSANE LIFE
OF MINE A PALLIDOTOMY FELT RIGHT.THERE IS ONE INTERESTING SIDEBAR TO THIS
SURGERY THAT MAY ALLOW ME TO GIVE BACK TO LIFE WHAT LIFE HAS GIVEN TO ME.
NO, NOT PD.I'VE BEEN ABLE TO ARRANGE FOR IT TO BE VIDEOTAPED UNDER MY
GENERAL DIRECTORSHIP.I WILL TRY AND DEVELOPE A FILM THAT WILL PROVIDE AN
EDUCATIONAL TOOL FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS INCLUDING INSURANCE COMPANY
TYPES AND PATIENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES.ONE OF THE CAMERA WILL BE FOCUSED ON
WHAT I WILL BE SEEING.SURGERY FROM THE PATIENT'S VIEWPOINT. I EXPECT TO BE
HOME IN A DAY OR SO. I WILL SHARE MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SURGERY[THAT'S MY
THERAPY!] AND ABOUT THE VIDEOTAPE PROJECT WHICH I'M CALLING FOR THE
TIMEBEING....THE NARCISSUS PROJECT...

Sneak preview... coming to your small screen soon....Did you find BIG
BROTHER lurking in this summer's                 issue of a leading
Parkinson's Disease organization's newsletter?