At 12:06 PM 9/27/96 -0400, you wrote:
>At 12:23 AM 9/27/96 -0400, Joao Paulo wrote:
Bravo, I was just getting ready to respond to Joao Paulo about his question.
You said it exactly.  In the double-blind studies I researched on the
"natural" alternatives, the clinics could NOT give any hint as to whether
these were the "real thing" or placebos.  That was the idea of the study, so
they could document their findings based soley on the results.  Many of
these studies have been conducted in Europe and several other countries
around the world, all with the same results.  As you stated, some people who
"expect" a certain outcome could react accordingly, at least for a short
time, but then again, there are many hypochondriacs who respond in this same
manner.  That's why studies are done and are still being done over a period
of several months to several years, so long-term results can be acquired.  >