Hi Everyone.
             Just subscribed a couple of days ago and have learnt more about the
symptoms and problems of PD in two days than in four years of going to a
neurologist.  I don't blame him.  Without experiencing the symptons I guess its
hard to do anything but try what's worked in the past for others.
I am 64 years old, was diagnosed as having  PD in 1992 and am presently taking 5
mg Eldepryl, 200 mg Amantadine daily.  I think its time to move on to more
aggresive medication as the above no longer prevents the tremor in my right arm
and I wake up about every hour on the hour.  Doubling the Eldepryl resulted in
worse tremors and tremors in my right leg.  Coming off of the Amantadine and
switching to Parlodol resulted in a little better sleeping but feeling like a
Zombie all day (both of these experiments were recommended by my doctor, not
self inflicted)  The last two weeks I have experienced pain (aches?) in my upper
arm muscles which have now progressed to my forearms and wrists.  (Has anyone
else experienced this?  My biggest problem has been identifying problems caused
by PD and those caused by aging.  After all, I've never been old before.  Always
figured I'd die YOUNG :).)To date I have resisted Simmonet as I understand it
has a limited time of effectiveness and was reserving it for more serious
symtoms.  Perhaps that time has come.  Would appreciate any input from anyone
who recognizes any similar
experience.
Albert J (Joe) Young [log in to unmask]