 After all, I've never been old before.  Always
>figured I'd die YOUNG :).)To date I have resisted Simmonet as I understand it
>has a limited time of effectiveness and was reserving it for more serious
>symtoms.  Perhaps that time has come.  Would appreciate any input from anyone
>who recognizes any similar
>experience.
>Albert J (Joe) Young [log in to unmask]

Welcome Joe,

I think I can honestly tell you that MOST of us felt we'd all die young--
then something not so funny happened to all of us.

My question is, why wait for Sinemet?  From the video tape the Sandoz
Phar. sent me Eldepryl doesn't work without Sinemet or some time
of dopamine.  They likened it to a can of paint-Sinemet fills up the can,
but there is a hole in the can & Eldepryl puts a band-aid on the can
but it keeps leaking anyway---that is why you have to continually
keep taking your medications.

My life with Sinemet makes all the difference in the world & I quit
taking Eldepryl after having some problems with it.
What happens if you do die before taking Sinemet?  Then you've
lost a lot life when you could have felt better.  I have been told it
takes 12 to 15 years before Sinemet becomes ineffective for most
people.  I figure that by that time they will have found a cure for
PD--anyway---that hope is what keeps me getting up every morning
and thinking that life really is worth living!

As Ever,
Marjorie L. Moorefield
Plantation, Florida

Where we are having another electrical storm so you all will have to
excuse the mistakes , as I have to shut down the computer now!!!!