>Ron= I don't where you got your data but you sound like you know about
>which you speak. Query: Have you any data that would suggest that
>increasing the blood flow to the brain would increase the amount of sinemet
>being transported to the brain? My logic is that since the sinemet gets
>absorbed by the blood and probably dissipates throughout the body, would
>the increased blood flow to the brain allow the brain to be more
>competitive and receive an overall larger portion of sinemet than normal?

Ray,
formal data I have not.  The yoga 'candle' position (standing on your head)
- or being on your back on padded floor and rocking legs up to position of
shoulders and back of head on floor plus elbows on floor and hands holding
hips with legs straight up - provides a reversal of gravity which increases
cerebral blood pressure.  Pat Schark first mentioned this helping re cramps
and spasm when underdosed.  I did the 'bicycle' leg motions which was an
exercise in school - and got relief.  Alan Bonander did the easier lying on
back on floor with feet and lower legs on sofa seat.

All these indicate increased flow/pressure gets more blood/levodopa to
where it is needed - at least for some of us who have foot/toe/leg cramps
that get to be muscle spasm which is quite painful.

increasing the flow is not as pertinent as the pressure in the osmotic
sense.  that is, the concentration of levodopa in the blood versus the
other 'side' of the blood/brain membrane.

note also that carbon monoxide poisons the substantia nigra neurons per the
general knowledge of causes of parkinsonism.  this shortage of oxygen in
the blood might be fundamentally involved in the bio-chemistry of PD
etiology.  the oxidation by free radicals may somehow depend upon too
little oxygen available to the brain.  The dark matter may absorb
electromagnetic energy a bit more than the white and grey matter - which
would make it more likely to react first - thus be selectively the first to
develop a Lewy body.  There must be some variation in mechanism to explain
diffuse lewy body disease - and the gastrointestinal lewy body neuron
'killing' (that was near 100% in the colon of Sydney Dorros).  the effect
of getting ON for me includes increased bio-feedback - sympathetic nervous
system? - getting dopamine? - that provides cognitive signals that my
bladder is pressurized, for instance.  The mental task of recall  is
dependent upon neurotransmitters - it seems to be bradykinetic along with
the bradykinesia of everything else!  IF everything is slow/retarded, the
blood flow is less and the pulse less.  then, the breathing is shallow and
less oxygen is in the blood. thus , the brain is under oxygenated - which
kills it all if too hypo for too long.

we must use it or lose it!
we are the captains of our ship/master of our fate!
be spunky and keep doing what your best feelings validate - do what you
really want to do!
just do what you can do!

there are certainly challenges to overcome - to change such that we do what
we feel like doing - because doing the caring for self (eating, exercising,
medicating, helping others (even if only by being civil) et cetera) is
rewarded by some of those neurotransmitters emoting our cognition with a
tinge of euphoria for each good deed.

depression results if we choose to do nothing for self nor others when
'fate tries our patience' in the biblical analogy of Job.

we are not responsible for events that happen; we are responsible for how
we choose to respond to events.

the self won't die until the cognition cannot maintain the minimal neural
networks to sustain life. take care to do something useful to self or other
as best you can - and you will find cognition - feeling good - I am alive -
keeps you going - even if it seems we are touring through Hell.

ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter/