Hi Donna,
Using oils that way has been around thousands of years!  It's today called
aromatherapy.  Wintergreen oil stimulates circulation, whether inhaling it or
using it in a massage oil or liniment.  The oil contains properties similar
to aspirin - methyl salicylate., as well as some immunological properties.

In "The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy" written by Valerie
Ann Worwood, on page 293 is a listing of essential oils that may help some
with PD.  I have made these blends up for my friend John (72/2) and he has
obtained some relief from them.

You may find the results last longer by diluting the oil  in either vinegar
or a vegetable oil and rubbing into muscles.  I use this at times for the
pain in my legs from RLS and fibromyalgia.  There are so many options out
there and different ways people respond (or don't respond) to each one, but
the Wintergreen can't hurt.  Just don't use too much of it!

I'm glad you found something to help you with the rigidity, that has no side
effects.  Thanks for sharing this.  I will pass your  posting on to John.  He
thought he was the only one using oils for his PD!!!

Kathy   Beale AFB,  CA
friend of John (72/2) Vallejo, CA