PD and Stature: 29 Sep 1996:
The other day at a PD support group meeting, I noticed that four of
the 8 or 9 attendees were small people; not dwarfs or midgets, just
notably in the lower half of the range. I don't know offhand of any
specific report on this correlation, but there must be a pile of
statistics out there. Just for fun, I'd like to hear from anyone
who feels he or she is small: say 63" or less for women, 67" or
less for men. If you know any other PWP in this category, send the
data for them too. All I need for now is: Height(inches); Gender;
Age at diagnosis. This is decidedly not a scientific survey, but
stature may well be brain-related (the pituitary is nearly at the
center of the brain). I'll count the entries and, if they look
interesting, post results here in a couple of weeks.
Cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road